Setup Email Account
- Open the Start Menu and search for Remote Desktop Connection using the Search programs and files box.
- Open Remote Desktop Connection and click on the Options button. Enter the exchange server (192.168.0.169) as the computer and SEC\administrator as the User name and then press Connect.
- You will be prompted for the default administrator password. Enter the password and press OK.
- Remote Desktop Connection will not be able to verify the identity of the remote computer. This is expected, press Yes to continue into the exchange server.
- Double-click on the Exchange Admin Center shortcut on the desktop and wait for Internet Explorer to open. Click Continue to this website (not recommended) to continue to the logon screen.
- Sign in using SEC\administrator and the default administrator password.
- Once in the Exchange Admin Center, click on the New button (which is the plus sign next to the pencil). This will bring up a drop down. Select User mailbox.
- Now use the employee’s Windows user logon name as their Alias and select Existing user. Press the browse button, select the employee’s name from the list, and then press ok to complete the setup.
NOTE: When the employee logs into their account for the first time they will use Spectrum1 as their password. They will then be prompted to change their password to something new. This new password must be at least 8 characters long, have at least one capital letter, at least one number, and not include their name.